Florida Society of Enrolled Agents was founded in October 1978, spearheaded by Bill and Margaret Davison and a determined group of EAs in West Palm Beach, Florida, the strong and proud Palm Beach Chapter which had been chartered in 1976 as an affiliate of AEA.
It was in 1978 that AEA, Associates of Enrolled Agents became the NAEA, National Association of Enrolled Agents and Margaret Davison served as the first president of FSEA. As from the start, the objections and purpose of FSEA are:
- • To promote and protect the interests of Enrolled Agents.
- • To cultivate a spirit of professional cooperation among the members.
- • To require professional levels of competency, character and integrity.
- • To keep members informed of new laws and amendments to existing laws that affect the general public and the profession with specific attention to developments in the tax laws, regulations and court decisions.
- • To develop and distribute educational material to members; to represent the Enrolled Agent on the State level with all governmental agencies.
- • To represent the Enrolled Agent as the local Chapter of the National Association of Enrolled Agents and to represent the interest of the Florida members in their relationship with the National Association and its aims and programs.
- • To represent the Enrolled Agent on the regional level as such regional organizations shall develop.
- • To develop a statewide organization of members, local chapters and interstate regional organizations as the basis of an effective state and national organization. We started with less than 50 are now over 800 members strong and the second largest affiliate of NAEA.
The Enrolled Agent, (EA) is the only federally licensed tax professional. The Florida Society of Enrolled Agents (FSEA) is THE professional society representing Enrolled Agents (EAs) in Florida. Licensed by the U.S. Department of the Treasury to represent taxpayers before all administrative levels of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), including examination, collection and appeals functions, FSEA, Enrolled Agents, encourages all tax professionals to strive for the designation of Enrolled Agent and we are here to help.
This website www.fseaonline.org is a resource for FSEA members. FSEA is an affiliate of the National Association of Enrolled Agents (NAEA). We encourage all tax practitioners to consider the benefits of joining.